Shastix Forums
   Shastrix.com   |   Shastrix Forums    Register   |    Sign In  

Coda in Books Pages: 1 Reply

dbrowning
Witty Wildcat
(Felis sylvestris)

12th December 2021, 22:27    
Jim, I'm ten pages out from finishing Oblivion's Gate. I look forward to reading your reviews once you've read the three books. I'm interested in your thoughts and reactions. Donnie
---

Jim
Site Owner

19th December 2021, 09:59    
Thanks Donnie,

I'm still waiting for my copy of Oblivion's Gate to arrive - the estimate is 20 January at the moment which is still a whole month away!

Unregistered User
(Ignotus hospes)

25th December 2021, 01:08    
OMG. (I can hear Pet Shop Boys and Dusty Springfield singing for you: "What Have I Done To Deserve This?")

Read your review of Moments Asunder. Will keep looking back for your reviews as you make your way through. Once you have read Oblivion's Gate, I'll send you my thoughts.

I will say that I had initially thought I'd buy Shadows Have Offended and, especially, Revenant, but when the time came my reaction was, "meh." I may go back at some point, but I find I really have high expectations, given what we got in the TrekLit post-DS9, -TNG, -VOY, and Titan books (and Destiny, The Fall, Prey, Typhon Pact), and I know that a "lost episode" book will never be as satisfying as what we've had the past twenty years.

That said, using your reviews I picked up my first Discovery book--Dead Endless--and am really enjoying it, more so than I expected to.

Donnie

Coda in Books Pages: 1 Reply