Shastix Forums
   Shastrix.com   |   Shastrix Forums    Register   |    Sign In  

Grim Future for the Federation in Books Pages: 1 Reply

Noventer
Feral Feline
(Felis catus)

27th November 2012, 08:47    
Does anyone know why the TNG, DS9 and VOY books of the last several years have become so grim? Are the owners of Star Trek setting out to the destroy the Federation? First they kill off billions of people in the Borg assault. Then they come up with the Typhon Pact and the situation gets worse and worse. Now I'm reading about the upcoming series Star Trek: The Fall. "The Fall"? That certainly doesn't sound very encouraging for the future. I'm getting more than a little concerned that the franchise I love is going the way of the dodo. Extinct.

Unregistered User
(Ignotus hospes)

21st September 2013, 03:44    
DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA

These big events create it, and publishers have found that these big, dramatic events seem to keep readers reading (and books selling).

To be honest, after watching nearly all of the 520 hours of Trek that's been put to film, I'm finding these darker stories to be a welcome tonal change. I've always found Trek's "hopeful future" messages to be inspiring, but I'm enjoying these risk-taking stories. The hopeful stuff has just gotten a little stale to me.

Grim Future for the Federation in Books Pages: 1 Reply