Shastix Forums
   Shastrix.com   |   Shastrix Forums    Register   |    Sign In  

Known outstanding issues in Technical Support Pages: 1 Reply

ASH
Site Owner

29th December 2008, 07:31 moderated on 31st Dec 2008, 02:15  
Hello beady-eyed bug finders, here is a short list of the current known issues with the website:

1. Links from the forums to the relevant comic sometimes don't go to the right place. This is because the comic number is not being recorded in the forums database correctly when the comic's topic is created. Done - 30/12/08

2. If comments are made (by signed in users with the relevant access) on a future comic they appear in the forums and on the front page. Comments are going to be disabled on yet-to-be-released comics. Done - 30/12/08

3. Replies to comments threads made using the forums appear to lose the poster's name when displayed on the front page. This is because the forum code was not updated when the comments were merged in and so nothing is recorded in the name field, only the user number field, which the front page doesn't refer to. Done 30/12/08

4. When the first comment is made on a comic the display doesn't automaticaly update. We have no idea why... Jim says: I tried this again today and it worked ... will have to experiment more.

5. "Strike-through" text formatting exists but is not present in the markup section when posting. Use [ s] + [ /s] Done - 30/12/08

6. I can't seem to use any of the buttons (e.g. bold, italics, or emoticons) when typing this message (specifically in the "preview window" not the "new post" window) when using Firefox 3.0.5 on OS X 10.5.6. Done - 30/12/08. In fact, this was only on the preview for a new topic, not on the new post preview.

If you spot anything else please post in this forum somewhere. We'll let you know when the issues are resolved.
---

ASH
Site Owner

29th December 2008, 07:36 moderated on 30th Dec 2008, 08:48  
7. The ability of topic creators or moderators to lock a topic exists but there is no graphic to symbolise this or method of doing so using the GUI. Done, 30/12/08
---

Jim
Site Owner

29th December 2008, 16:47   History
8. The most recent comments topic on MC Comic has a date about 6 months out. Clearly the date on the topic is taking the date of the comment rather than the date of the comic. Update: The issue is fixed although the past comments topics will have to be corrected... Done 30/12/08... okay, so I broke something else I had already fixed whilst I was at it, but I've put that back right now too!

Jim
Site Owner

22nd May 2009, 00:54    
Okay, a couple of new ones:

1) Posts on the podcast forum that start with a quote look silly on the front page. Similar would be true is that feature were used on a comments thread on a comic.

2) Locked topics still have quote buttons on posts, and admins should still be able to post in locked topics.

Jim
Site Owner

24th May 2009, 23:57    
Jim said:
Okay, a couple of new ones:

1) Posts on the podcast forum that start with a quote look silly on the front page. Similar would be true is that feature were used on a comments thread on a comic.

2) Locked topics still have quote buttons on posts, and admins should still be able to post in locked topics.

Known outstanding issues in Technical Support Pages: 1 Reply