Shastix Forums
   Shastrix.com   |   Shastrix Forums    Register   |    Sign In  

The comment box in Technical Support Pages: 1 Reply

B.T. Isaac
Artist

6th December 2008, 15:08    
Well, looks like the comment box has been changed for my section too. Unfortunately, It's a bit buggy. Or so it looks. While the box does vanish after posting, the comment still won't appear till the page is reloaded.

Jim
Site Owner

6th December 2008, 17:02    
I have a thought that that might be something which only affects the first comment on a comic, as the second comment I just posted appeared fine. It is plausible that is the case as well, as the comments are obviously not shown unless there is one, so there may not be anything there to tell to refresh... maybe that's too much information.

In summary, I have an idea, and will investigate shortly.

B.T. Isaac
Artist

6th December 2008, 17:08    
I think I understood that quite well.

Jim
Site Owner

6th December 2008, 19:19   History
Hmmm... sadly though my theory appears to be wrong...

More investigation is required.

Edit: Good news, it is a related problem. It's because the comments topic isn't created on the forum until the first post is made, and so the comic page which is already being displayed doesn't know yet which topic to load as the comments. Hence when it's told to refresh, it does, but still can't find any comments because it is looking in the wrong place. There should be a simple way around this that I'm going to attempt to programme now.

Edit 2: All fixed :)

Jim
Site Owner

27th February 2009, 05:09   History
I'll be honest. I don't know what's going on. We looked at it before and it looks like I put a fix in place. I've just tried it out in MCComic, and it seems to work. I don't know why it wouldn't have on Khatru. For some reason it must have had trouble loading the page... I'll have a quick look in the logs.

Edit: tbh, the logs look like the page had attempted to load correctly, so I don't know why it wouldn't have loaded. It looks like you waited about 9 seconds before refreshing, so that should be enough time.

Edit 2: Mystery solved. Although I had edited the code... it looks like I didn't upload the new file on Khatru. Should now be sorted.

The comment box in Technical Support Pages: 1 Reply