Shastix Forums
   Shastrix.com   |   Shastrix Forums    Register   |    Sign In  

Comments on Khatru for 3rd October 2008 in Khatru Pages: 1 Reply

Comments on Khatru for 3rd October 2008

B.T. Isaac
Artist

4th October 2008, 13:11    
What program do you use? I'm no expert, but over 300 kb for a JPEG of this size is too much.

broken_hero
Board Moderator

9th October 2008, 12:40    
I use GIMP, but I can't figure out how to lower the file size any more without losing clarity. I suppose I could learn to draw smaller, but that's not really likely....

B.T. Isaac
Artist

9th October 2008, 21:25    
I don't know about Gimp, but when using Photoshop, there's an option to define the file quality when saving as a JPEG. A setting of 12 will result in something like this here. A setting of 10 will reduce the size to 60% with almost no visible loss of quality. Also, if you were using multiple layers, you may want to open the file again and save it a second time if it seems too large. a lot of trash data may be saved with the file while merging layers.

Jim
Site Owner

10th October 2008, 03:52    
I use Fireworks at home and its export feature lets you grade a JPEG on a 1-100 scale. The Photoshop I use at work has a 'save for web' feature that works similarly. Just to note though that the website should acept GIFs and PNGs as well as JPEGs. Although an additional note would be that, as BT says, Fireworks fills its 'save' PNGs with lots of trash for future editing, and the 'export' PNGs have a much smaller filesize.

Comments on Khatru for 3rd October 2008 in Khatru Pages: 1 Reply