Shastix Forums
   Shastrix.com   |   Shastrix Forums    Register   |    Sign In  

Comments on The FAN for 19th February 2008 in The FAN Pages: 1 Reply

Comments on The FAN for 19th February 2008

Jim
Site Owner

19th February 2008, 00:19    
Personally, I find the style in the final panel to be most appealing. The text is nicely legible against the transparent white background and the border of white between the text and the image is helpful. Ohter fonts I like are Tahoma (which is the default font for most of the website) and Comix (which is/was used in Team Nexus).

B.T. Isaac
Board Moderator

19th February 2008, 00:25    
The level of transparency is not constant and may change. The main difference between the last two is the black border around the white one, but it's hardly visible with the dark background. I'll ask more people before I make my final decision. I will consider using Comix, if I have it, but I don't remember having it.

ASH
Site Owner

19th February 2008, 08:18    
I like the last panel, the black outline may be subtle but it looks more defined. A small point I'd like to make (which is really more relevant to MC Comic but as I'm already posting in here... ) - the comic image is 1050x820. Whilst I browse in 1280x800, the most popular resolution is 1024x768 (34.51% of visitors) which would require scrolling to view. I have put a full breakdown of the resolutions the forums.

B.T. Isaac
Board Moderator

19th February 2008, 16:38    
Don't worry about the size. This is probably the only landscape comic I'll ever make.

Guest:
Amon Star

Unregistered User
(Ignotus hospes)

22nd February 2008, 18:11    
Font wise, I like Short Hand the best. It's readable & I think its style suits the Comic. Trebuchet MS is a close second. It just doesn't have the same panache as Short Hand.
Bubble wise, I like both the example in panels 4 & 6 the same.

B.T. Isaac
Board Moderator

22nd February 2008, 20:07    
I think I'll stick to Short Hand myself, but I will add it in Photoshop, rather than Paint.

ASH
Site Owner

23rd February 2008, 03:09    
Paint?! 0_o

B.T. Isaac
Board Moderator

23rd February 2008, 06:33    
Just out of curiosity, how did you explain the jagged, pixelated fonts?

Guest:
littlebeast

Unregistered User
(Ignotus hospes)

3rd July 2009, 05:58    
As long as it's legible, it's whatever works for you. I would say it might be better idea to add the text AFTER resizing it though.

Comments on The FAN for 19th February 2008 in The FAN Pages: 1 Reply