Shastix Forums
   Shastrix.com   |   Shastrix Forums    Register   |    Sign In  

Comments on Team Nexus for 24th September 2007 in Team Nexus Pages: 1 Reply

Comments on Team Nexus for 24th September 2007

B.T. Isaac
Artist

25th September 2007, 00:45    
So, will he be having an active role in TN or is he just a MacGuffin. That was a rethorical question, but I'm hoping for the first.

BlueJ
Witty Wildcat
(Felis sylvestris)

26th September 2007, 23:44    
hE LoOkEz FunNiE!111!

Daffyd
Site Moderator

28th September 2007, 20:01    
Sorry for the lack of updatey-ness. And to answer BT's question: If you go back to the Wisemen section of the Paradox Lost storyline, they mention Deemar, so, yes, he's part of the story.

B.T. Isaac
Artist

29th September 2007, 13:58    
I don't think you read my post well enough. I was wondering if he will have an ACTIVE role or if he remains the MacGuffin.

Jim
Site Owner

3rd October 2007, 18:16    
I'm pretty sure that he is not a MacGuffin, given that he is a major plotpoint. Given that he doesn't exist in the current timeline however, he can't have an active role.

B.T. Isaac
Artist

3rd October 2007, 21:07    
But he didin't play any active role.

Jim
Site Owner

4th October 2007, 00:16    
Daffyd tells me that a MacGuffin is something that doesn't seem important at the time but has great significance later on. As I see it, Dee already seems important to the plot, so is not a MacGuffin, regardless of whether he is active or not. Wikipedia however suggests that a MacGuffin is something which motivates the characters, but doesn't have any actual relevance to the plot - now I don't think that Team Nexus knows about Dee yet, so he can't motive them, however from what the Wisemen have said, he is important to the plot - so he is not a MacGuffin by this definition either. As to whether he will play an active role in the future, I am unable to reveal any future plot points which Daffyd may have revealled to me.

B.T. Isaac
Artist

4th October 2007, 13:14    
What Daffyd refers to is Chekov's gun. TN is working on making sure he's born, wether they know it or not. His birth is meant to stabilize his home universe after all.

Comments on Team Nexus for 24th September 2007 in Team Nexus Pages: 1 Reply