Shastix Forums
   Shastrix.com   |   Shastrix Forums    Register   |    Sign In  

Remember me (as an option on the user login) in Technical Support Pages: 1 Reply

Jim
Site Owner

5th May 2010, 01:23    
Hi,

Quick question... how worried would you be if the remember me option went away? It's failing quite a lot at the moment and irritating me, but without quite a major rewrite I don't think I can get it to work properly.

Would anyone object to me getting rid of it and people having to sign in every time they needed to?

Once some other areas are sorted out I might be able to reinstate it.

Jim

B.T. Isaac
Artist

11th May 2010, 00:14    
To be fair, it would be a little irritating, but I'm not a technical expert and have absolutely no idea what the problems it's causing are.
On an unrelated note, will we be seeing a pageview counter any time soon?

Jim
Site Owner

11th May 2010, 00:49    
I was working on that, but for some reason the one for Khatru fell over - only Khatru though, even though they are all the same... so I'm not entirely sure when I'm going to be satisfied that they are reporting correctly.

Jim
Site Owner

30th May 2010, 16:33    
The current stats solution's filters appear to be completely borked. It's claiming Khatru is not reporting stats to the Khatru filter despite it reporting stats to the unfiltered figures. It's also ignoring iPhone hits on other parts of the site. I might have to look into alternatives again.

B.T. Isaac
Artist

16th August 2010, 03:18    
Okay Necro or not, this seems related. There seems to be a problem whenever I visit my own comic's front page from an external link. I'm displayed as 'logged out'. If I go to another page on the site, then return I'm logged in again.

B.T. Isaac
Artist

16th August 2010, 21:13    
Hello? Jim? Anybody?

Jim
Site Owner

17th August 2010, 17:35   History
Yes, sorry. I deleted a line of code which I shouldn't have, which was mixed in with some lines I intended to delete.

Will fix when I get home.

Edit: actually, thinking about it, I may have deliberately deleted it having thought I'd written another line that did the same thing. Clearly I haven't written said other line though.

Edit 2: Okay, I think I've put the offending line of code back in now. Please let me know if not.

Jim

Remember me (as an option on the user login) in Technical Support Pages: 1 Reply