Shastix Forums
   Shastrix.com   |   Shastrix Forums    Register   |    Sign In  

Missing Books in the reading order? in Books Pages: 1 Reply

TarabasVH
Feral Feline
(Felis catus)

7th February 2017, 03:11    
I discovered your reading order a few days ago and it is fantastic! Best reading order i could find on the internet. But i wonder, if there are some books missing?
In germany there are 4 other ST: VOY Books before Full Circle. If they are published in english as well, can you explain where they should be in the reading order?

My second question is, if there is any connection to Star Trek: New Frontiers and Star Trek: Prometheus or if this books stands for itselfs?

Thank you in advance.

Jim
Site Owner

7th February 2017, 03:38    
Hello!

Thank you for your kind comments.

The other four Voyager novels (Homecoming, The Farther Shore, and the Spirit Walk novels) all take place before Star Trek: Nemesis, and so before my reading order begins. Similarly there is a series of DS9 novels that take place after the series but before Nemesis.

The New Frontier novels are mostly a separate continuity to this one, and as far as I'm aware there are no crossovers in this era.

I've not read the Prometheus novels yet (my high school German isn't that good!) so not sure how they would fit in.

Thanks again!

TarabasVH
Feral Feline
(Felis catus)

13th February 2017, 10:35    
Thank you very much for your good explanation. That will help me to sort things in.
I didn't know that Star Trek Prometheus wasn't published in english yet. There must be a sicnificant audience in germany, when they published the novel here first.

Thank you again and keep up your good work and reviews.

Have a nice day. :)

TarabasVH
Feral Feline
(Felis catus)

13th February 2017, 10:36   History
Thank you very much for your good explanation. That will help me to sort things in.
I didn't know that Star Trek Prometheus wasn't published in english yet. There must be a sicnificant audience in germany, when they published the novel here first.

Thank you again and keep up your good work and reviews.

Have a nice day. :)

PS: Sorry for the repost. The Server wasn't answering.

Unregistered User
(Ignotus hospes)

2nd March 2017, 08:09   History
It is published in Germany first, because it is a german original by Bernd Perplies and Christian Humberg. An english release was scheduled for early 2017, but somehow this didn't happen. There is no new release date for this to be found yet on the publishers homepage - http://www.startrekromane.de/termine/uebersicht.html
In the timeline it should be queued short after "The Fall".

Jim
Site Owner

16th July 2017, 06:56    
So the first Prometheus book is listed for publication in English in November 2017. I don't know yet whether I'm going to read it or not.

Missing Books in the reading order? in Books Pages: 1 Reply