Shastix Forums
   Shastrix.com   |   Shastrix Forums    Register   |    Sign In  

Forthcoming changes on Shastrix.com in Technical Support Pages: 1 Reply

Jim
Site Owner

29th February 2016, 09:14    
Hello user,

This is an announcement that we are planning to migrate Shastrix.com on to new hosting.

In order to radically simplify this process, some of the lesser used areas of the site will be discontinued.

In addition, some of the parts of the site whose admin functionality is not currently used will only be partially migrated. They will still be visible to users, but the admin functionality will no longer exist (I'm looking at you, comics and podcasts).

This process may involve introducing bugs, as I'm tweaking code I first wrote 10 years ago in order to make this work.

I'll announce here when the migration has taken place - and would appreciate any bug reports being left in reply, or any missing content that is still wanted being alerted to me.

Areas that I am planning to migrate include:
- the front page
- books
- blogs (without admin functionality or new comments)
- comics (without admin functionality or new comments)
- podcasts (without admin functionality or new comments)
- bridges (without admin functionality)
- forum

Jim
Site Owner

29th February 2016, 10:12    
Thinking about it further - I'm not sure about migrating podcasts.

Does anyone actually use them? I suspect not, as no new content has been uploaded since 2012.

Generally, I'm of the view that it's wrong to remove content from the internet, but in this case there are about 5gb of audio files that are going to be filling up storage space online that I am paying for, and which nobody is listening to.

That and my slight discomfort at hosting a politics podcast anyway when it gives a platform to views which aren't my own.

I don't imagine there's anyone out there reading this to think about it other than me... but if anyone is, your thoughts are appreciated.

Unregistered User
(Ignotus hospes)

25th October 2020, 15:11    
This is a test

Jim
Site Owner

25th October 2020, 15:13    
This is also a test

Forthcoming changes on Shastrix.com in Technical Support Pages: 1 Reply