Shastix Forums
   Shastrix.com   |   Shastrix Forums    Register   |    Sign In  

Mirror Universe & Disavowed in Books Pages: 1 Reply

dbrowning
Witty Wildcat
(Felis sylvestris)

29th December 2014, 05:50    
Jim,

Just finished Disavowed and logged on to read your review. Like you, I had no interest in the MU and only read it when DS9 crossed over into it in the Kira/Intendant Kira/Iliana Ghemor trilogy of books. However, having read David Mack comment that Disavowed was a sequel to Rise Like Lions, I decided to buy that book and suffer through it.

Suffering never came into play. It ended up being one of the books I most enjoyed this year. I read the Memory Beta entry for Sorrows Of Empire prior to Rise Like Lions and that helped ground me.

If nothing else, I heartily recommend Rise Like Lions--a great read and a useful introduction to the current MU prior to Disavowed.

Finally, Disavowed was a great book and may just end up being my favorite Trek Lit of the year, though Acts of Contrition is a worthy contender.
---

Unregistered User
(Ignotus hospes)

13th May 2020, 02:26    
Jim,

In the preface to Disavowed, it says that the new president pardons Bashir. I’ve read all the novels I can in the storyline, but I missed this. In what novel does Bashir get pardoned?

dbrowning
Witty Wildcat
(Felis sylvestris)

16th May 2020, 15:18    
Hey guy, I thought it occurred in either Peaceable Kingdoms or in Disavowed. Rereading your question makes me wonder if it was only narratively told rather than dramatically revealed. Yet, I do recall there being more to this than a simple statement--the newly elected UFP President from a recently-rejoined-to-the Federation Andoria being highlighted.
---

Unregistered User
(Ignotus hospes)

9th June 2020, 00:37    
I’ll have to reread Peaceable Kingdoms... thanks. I was hoping to actually read it in a novel, that there was more than a “By the way, we pardoned Bashir because we couldn’t be bothered to actually write the story...” because that could be a great storyline.

Mirror Universe & Disavowed in Books Pages: 1 Reply