Shastix Forums
   Shastrix.com   |   Shastrix Forums    Register   |    Sign In  

Comments on Khatru for 9th March 2009 in Khatru Pages: 1 Reply

Comments on Khatru for 9th March 2009

B.T. Isaac
Artist

10th March 2009, 01:24    
Cutting sizes doesn't really work with edgy pictures. But Photoshop? How exactly do you make them?

broken_hero
Board Moderator

12th March 2009, 12:27    
Draw w/ pencil, ink w/ pen and thin sharpie, scan, then in no particular order erase penciled words, touch up ink with digital, color, resize to reasonable; then text. Lately, coloring and digi-editing has been with Photoshop, while text comes from GIMP. I forget whether I resize in GIMP or Photoshop, but I always Save for Web at the end.

Jim
Site Owner

12th March 2009, 20:08    
The advice that was given to me was that if I reduce things to always do it by factors of 2... so half, quarter, eighth etc., as that best preserves the lines made up of square pixels. Alternately, you could try reducing it before the digital inking and colouring, then at least what you see as you work will be what you get at the end.

B.T. Isaac
Artist

12th March 2009, 23:43    
First off, if you ink with a pen, then use an eraser to remove the pencils BEFORE scanning. And if you work in Photoshop, why not use the Type tool for text? It's the large T icon.

broken_hero
Board Moderator

13th March 2009, 10:10    
I use a blue colored pencil to draw it (usually), and I scan black and white, so there's rarely a problem with extra lines. I'll try the factor of 2 thing. Speaking of which, this week's will probably be posted sometime tomorrow.

Comments on Khatru for 9th March 2009 in Khatru Pages: 1 Reply