Shastix Forums
   Shastrix.com   |   Shastrix Forums    Register   |    Sign In  

Comments on The FAN for 17th August 2007 in The FAN Pages: 1 Reply

Comments on The FAN for 17th August 2007

B.T. Isaac
Board Moderator

18th August 2007, 03:41    
This was a little late, but at least it's here. It is notable that this was based on a REAL event. My head-teacher cought me on the corridor and said these exact words, the only difference was, that she started laughing at the middle of the sentence. We didn't really like that old hag, but she had her moments. Also this is much funnier if you immagine her saying her lines with a deep and dry voice (that's how she sounded like). Also also, in case you didn't get it, Abrams is Tom. Get it? Benedickt Tom Isaac -> Benjamin Tom Abrams.

Jim
Site Owner

18th August 2007, 05:45    
I'm intrigued. First by the fact that this comment box isn't displaying correctly, but secondly that you have to be out of the corridor before the bell. Where I went to school, the bell was the signal for a lesson or break to end.

B.T. Isaac
Board Moderator

18th August 2007, 15:08    
And after the break ends, everone goes back to the classrooms.

Jim
Site Owner

18th August 2007, 16:31    
Yes, but we went after the bell rang, so we'd all be in the corridors after the bell.

B.T. Isaac
Board Moderator

18th August 2007, 17:21    
And after the end of the break, it rings again, and everyone is going inside.

Jim
Site Owner

19th August 2007, 02:59    
Also, I don't think anyone would get in trouble just for being in the corridors - the natural assumption would be that they were there for a valid reason.

B.T. Isaac
Board Moderator

19th August 2007, 15:56    
Of course they wouldn't get into trouble, but the phylosophy is, if teachers act n an intimidating manner, they get more respect.

Guest:
Amon Star

Unregistered User
(Ignotus hospes)

19th August 2007, 17:22    
I had teachers like that. Maybe we should have tried laughing at them too. Anyway, I actually feel sorry for the teacher, as I'm sure she's just trying to do her job.

Jim
Site Owner

19th August 2007, 18:20    
I'm not trying to be mean or anything about the storyline :) It just reminds me of all the american kids tv programmes where the kids have to have a special pass to be in the halls, and there are hall monitors to check them! That just seems really weird to me.

Jim
Site Owner

19th August 2007, 23:42    
Hang on... in the last panel one of the sound effects coming from the class is 'LOL'... do people really say that out loud now, or is that just a descriptive sound effect? :P

B.T. Isaac
Board Moderator

20th August 2007, 00:27    
That's a gag. I was looking forward to it ever since I thought of this scene. There will be several visual gags in the future.

B.T. Isaac
Board Moderator

20th August 2007, 00:33    
Oh, to answer a few things. Like I said, Mrs Duckins is based after my head teacher. She wasn't really a good teacher to be blunt. One of her collegues described her like this: "She's a good teacher. A verry good teacher. She allways looks out after her classroom. There are allways flowers in and curtains on the windows, and pictures on the walls... She's a verry good teacher."

Jim
Site Owner

20th August 2007, 01:43    
We had a lecturer a bit like that at uni, the head of department told us: 'He's a genius... but he can't teach'.

B.T. Isaac
Board Moderator

21st August 2007, 22:41    
Nex update will be tomorrow, followed by two more next week (monday and friday). After that there will most likely be fillers for the folowing two weeks. Once that is done, I may even be able to switch to a M-W-F or a T-T-S schedule for awhile.

Comments on The FAN for 17th August 2007 in The FAN Pages: 1 Reply